We Want To Know!
Your Opinion Matters!
We are grateful to have such wonderful residents and we want to make sure that we are living up to your expectations. Let your voice be heard by taking a few moments to complete a short survey sent from our partner, J Turner Research. These will be randomly emailed throughout your stay with us. We thank you in advance for helping us get better at making your days shine.
Community Speed Limit
Children are home, pets need walking, and residents are enjoying the weather. PLEASE remember that our community speed limit is 10 miles per hour.
Creatures of the Night
New Call Service for Emergency Maintenance
Have you heard? We have a new after hours call service system that will take you to a live representative. If you have any maintenance emergencies please call 843-379-5110 and follow the steps to our emergency line. However, if this does not work, please call our service center directly at 704-684-0724.
Yes, it’s true! We now have a vending machine in our business center! Come in and enjoy a light snack when playing or browsing the internet.
Our leasing office will be closed on September 5th for Labor Day. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this may cause. For any emergencies please call 843-379-5110 and follow the steps to the emergency maintenance line. If this line does not work for any reason, please call our direct line at 704-684-0724.
Ashton Pointe Community Events
- Ice Cream Social: Join in for some sweet fun. Come on down and mingle over ice cream & a wide variety of toppings!
When? Friday, September 16th
What time? 5pm to 6:30pm
- Stay tuned for more fun filled days in October!
Corn and Cheese Chowder
Total time: 40 mins
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 3 whole bell peppers, finely diced (red, yellow, orange)
- 5 ears corn, kernels sliced off
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 heaping cup grated Monterey Jack
- 1 heaping cup grated pepper Jack
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 bread bowls, hollowed out
In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the bacon and cook for another minute or so, and then add the bell peppers and cook for a couple of minutes. Finally, add the corn and cook for a minute.
Sprinkle the flour evenly over the top and stir to combine. Pour in the chicken stock and stir well. Allow this to thicken for 3 or 4 minutes, and then reduce the heat to low.
Stir in the half-and-half and then cover and allow to simmer and thicken for 15 minutes or so.
Stir in the cheeses and green onions. When the cheese is melted and the soup is hot, check seasonings. Add salt and pepper as needed. Ladle into the bread bowls and serve immediately.
Ashton Pointe Charitable Efforts
Did you know that you can now see the charities Ashton Pointe supports? These are listed in our website, under the About Us tab. Want to know more about them? Click on the links to get information, donate, and volunteer. Don’t forget to tell them we sent you!
We all know that a high electricity bill is something we want to avoid. To help with your energy use and costs this month our maintenance tip is simple: LED bulbs!
SCE&G now has an EnergyWise Savings Store where you can buy a large order of Energy Star bulbs up to 60% off retail price, and have them mailed directly to your door.
Why should you buy LED bulbs? Here are some key benefits!
- The average household has about 40 light sockets. Switching to ENERGY STAR lighting can save up to $1,600 over the life of 40 bulbs.
- Use 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs and last 6 times longer.
- Produce about 70-90% less heat, so they’re safer to operate and can help cut energy costs associated with home cooling.
For more information, call 1-877-510-7234 or go to http://www.energyfederation.org/sceg
2016 Fall Beach Sweep
- It is strictly prohibited to leave cigarette butts on our property. Not only is this a fire hazard, putting you and your neighbors in harm’s way but it is also unsightly. If you must smoke outside please, take an ashtray with you and do not leave the ashes and butts in the mulch. Any resident who does not follow these policies are subject to fines.
- Loitering in the common areas of any building is also prohibited.
- Prevent Identity Theft:
- Shred unwanted documents containing personal information and all unsolicited credit card or loan offers.
- Minimize what you carry in your wallet, especially payment cards.
- When using public computers, remember to log out of your accounts.
- Do not open spam.
Around Town Happenings
Courtesy of First Shore:
Pink Heals Tour
Kayaking Harvis Creek
Batiking/Wall Hanging- Beginner
Fort of Port Royal Tour
Dolphin and Nature Cruise
Jewelry Making/ Cuff Bracelet -Beginner
Conversations with the Angela Williams, Lowcountry Author
o Fort Mitchel Tours
9 to 5: The Musical
Iron Mike Bike Tour
23rd Annual Shrimp Festival of Yemassee
History on Carolina Hash and Other Lowcountry Dishes by Stan Woodward
Hardeeville Catfish Festival
Italian Heritage Festival
5th Annual Fall Bazaar and Silent Auction
The European Struggle to Settle North America
Ashtanga Project: Sun Salutations
Be Smart About Safety!
No one plans to call 9-1-1, but now you can plan ahead.
Sign up for Smart911 to give 9-1-1 valuable information about yourself before an emergency occurs. This information will be immediately available to 9-1-1 when you make an emergency call. These details can save valuable minutes or even seconds in an emergency.
The fine for failing to cleaning up after your pet has increased to $100. Also, we are offering a $25 reward to any resident that can provide proof of someone not picking up after their pet. We like to maintain our community and have our property look spectacular. We want for everyone to enjoy living at Ashton Pointe. Please be respectful of your neighbors and staff.
Fun Facts about the Team!
Raymond is a decent singer. Who knew?!
New Weekend Hours!
The leasing office will once again open on Sundays. We will be going back to our regular scheduled hours of 1pm to 5pm starting in October 2016.
Rent Payment App
There is a great new phone app that we wanted to make sure you are aware of named RentCafe Resident. The app is available in the Google Play Store and App Store for free! Save this app as an easy accessibility on your phone to pay your rent, see your balance; submit service requests, track service requests, and more! If you are already registered with RentCafe, you are ready to load and log in to the app. If you are not registered yet, you can do so for free on our website www.LiveAshtonPointe.com.
Planning a party or get together and have no idea where to have it? How about our clubhouse? We now are offering residents the chance to rent out the clubhouse for private events.
For rental rates, call or text the office at 843-379-5110!