In observance of Labor Day, the Welcome Center will be closed on Monday, September 7th. We will reopen at 9am on Tuesday, September 8th. If you have an emergency, please call our Emergency Maintenance Line at 843-379-5110 option 2. We hope you have a safe and happy weekend.
Around Town Happenings
*info from www.beaufortsc.org*
11th Annual Land's End Woodland River Festival
Lands End Woodland Beachfront - Saint Helena Island, SC 29920
- Fri 9/4/15 at 5:00 pm - Fri 9/4/15 at 11:00 pm
- Sat 9/5/15 at 5:00 pm - Sat 9/5/15 at 11:00 pm
The River Festival is a two day family friendly and multicultural event celebrating the ancestry of the Gullah families who purchased hundreds of acres of the Lands End Woodland in the 1920’s. Visitors will enjoy a fun filled day of music, dancing, singing, storytelling, arts & crafts, kid activities, & food vendors. The festival is held on the site of the Riverside Plantation which has one of the oldest tabby ruins. Featuring Gullah storyteller Aunt Pearlie Sue and the Gullah Kinfolk, African drummers & dancers, multicultural Performances, Gullah Arts & Crafts for sale, and a “taste of Gullah” seafood & BBQ.
Friday - Caribbean Night Fish Fry; fried fish & chicken dinners on sale; 5:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.; free admission. All are welcome.
Saturday River Festival; 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Adults - $3; Youth (up to age 12).
Location: 100 Lands End Road, St. Helena Island, SC (7 miles south of Penn Center)
Contact Information: (843) 263-5261
Pickin' By The River ~ FREE EVENT
Pickin by the River is a free event held at the Henry C Chambers waterfront park 4 times a year.....Our dates for this year are: Saturday, April 4, 2015; Saturday, May 2 , 2015; September 19, 2015 and October 17, 2015 from noon till 5:30 pm.....Stage show and open jams throughout the park, beginner to advanced musicians welcome.....NO Alcohol, no amplifiers and no drums.....All Acoustic Bluegrass, Country & Folk Music. Everyone welcome; bring a lawn chair… for more info please contact Pat at (843) 379-90842
Upcoming Dates: Sat 9/19/15 at 12:00 pm - Sat 9/19/15 at 5:30 pm
OktoPRfest Party Port Royal Style Beer Party
The Old Village Association of Port Royal will host a two-day celebration of OktoPRfest “Party Port Royal Style,” on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 25 & 26, 2015. Celebrate the end of summer with great food, good friends and world-class micro-brews.
On Friday, Sept. 25, from 6-10 p.m., an evening of craft beer tasting will be held at The Shed on Paris Avenue in Port Royal. This adults-only event will feature beers from both local and national craft breweries. Live entertainment for the evening will be provided by the Brewer Band. Wine, sodas and food will also be available for sale. Tickets are $30 per person at the door; $25 in advance. Each admission includes a commemorative glass.
On Saturday, Sept. 26, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. the festival continues on Paris Avenue. In keeping with Oktoberfest tradition, a variety of craft and domestic beer will be available for purchase for those 21 and over. Activities for all ages include a variety of food vendors, craft booths, a Kid’s Fun Zone, a classic car show and a diversified line up of live music including Souls Harbor, Broke Locals and internationally renowned accordion player Nick DeMarco. Larew Dance Center will perform traditional German dance.
Presenting sponsor of OktoPRfest is the Town of Port Royal. For more information, visit www.oldvillageportroyal.com, call Brooke Buccola (239) 777-0761 or email email@example.com.
Online Rent Payment
Out of town or stuck at work? Submit rent payments instantly any time of the day or night! Need service in your apartment? Submit a nonemergency service request 24/7 with the click of a button! If you would like to stop by the Leasing Office one of our staff members can help you set up those reoccurring payments for you.
Just visit our Ashton Pointe community website and click on the links at the left side of the screen for these services and more! Not only will it save you time, but it’s also an environmentally friendly option!
Energy Saving Tips
We all want to save a little extra money. To help reduce your electric bill, here are some small tips that can go a long way.
- Set your air conditioner a degree or two higher than you typically would, and use your ceiling fans to stay cool and keep air circulating. If you turn the unit down while you are home, only vary the setting by 2-3 degrees.
- Using your dishwasher uses less water than washing by hand. Set your dishwasher to air dry to save more energy.
- Add some color to your apartment and save on your electric bill by putting up curtains. Not only will your home have more personality, but it will stay cooler during the day, too.
- Wash your laundry using cold water whenever possible, as hot water heating accounts for the majority of the electric usage for your washing machine.
Like us on Facebook
- "Like" Ashton Pointe – Beaufort on Facebook to keep up with what’s going on in the community. Keep an eye out for impromptu resident activities (popsicles by the pool, Oktoberfest, pot lucks, oyster roasts, etc.) and resident contests!
Your opinion matters. We are grateful to have you as a resident and want to make sure we are living up to your expectations. Let your voice be heard by taking a few moments to compete a short survey that will be emailed to you from our partner, J Turner Research. You will only be surveyed twice per year, and you will automatically be entered in a drawing to win $500! Thank you!
Hurricane/ Tropical Storm Preparation:
In case of a tropical storm or hurricane we will post procedures on our website and the front door of our clubhouse, business center, and mail kiosk. We will abide by all safety guidelines and mandatory evacuations set for our location. Please reference the SC Hurricane Guide at:
Tips for Storm Prep:
- Stay informed with local weather updates, you can even sign up for text alerts.
W JWJ 89.9 FM will provide weather updates.
- Fire Extinguishers are located in the hallway of each breezeway.
- Remove all items from your deck and front door.
- Do Not tape or board windows. (Our management team will address as needed)
- Prepare for power outages and obtain supplies such as ice, water, canned food etc.
- Stock flashlights and extra batteries.
- Stay away from downed power lines.
- Stay away from fallen trees.
- Get Cash, gasoline, and medication refills prior to the arrival of the storm.
- Prepare your pets for evacuation. Red Cross shelters cannot accept pets because of Health and Safety regulations. Service animals that assist people with disabilities are the only animals allowed in Red Cross shelters. Keep a list of “pet friendly” hotels or boarding facilities if evacuation is mandatory. You can contact Beaufort County Animal Services at 843-255-5010 for general information.
Evacuation Routes for Beaufort:
- Two Lane Evacuation: Evacuees will use the two present
northbound lanes on US 21 to US 17. Upon reaching US 17,
the right lane will be directed to US 17 north to SC 303 to
Walterboro. The left lane will be directed to US 17 South, then
to US 17 Alt/US 21 to Yemassee and then ultimately to North
- Three Lane Evacuation: Under certain conditions, a third
northbound lane will be formed by reversing flow on the
inside southbound lane of US 21 at US 21 Business west of
Beaufort. This lane will carry tra_c from US 21. This reversed
lane will be directed to US 17 southbound and eventually I-95
northbound at Exit 33 (Point South). The remaining two lanes
will be used as described above for the two lane evacuation.
The American Red Cross operates these shelters within Beaufort County for weather
related and other disaster operations:
Battery Creek High School
1 Blue Dolphin Dr.
Burton, SC 29902
Beaufort Elementary School
1800 Prince St.
Beaufort, SC 29902
Beaufort High School
84 Sea Island Parkway
Beaufort, SC 29907
Beaufort Middle School
2501 Mossy Oaks Road
Beaufort, SC 29902
Bluffton Elementary School
160 H. E. McCracken Circle
Bluffton, SC 29910
Bluffton High School
12 H. E. McCracken Circle
Bluffton, SC 29910
Bluffton Middle School
30 New Mustang Drive
Bluffton, SC 29910
Broad River Elementary School
474 Broad River Road
Beaufort, SC 29906
H. E. McCracken Middle School
250 H. E. McCracken Circle
Bluffton, SC 29910
Hilton Head High School
70 Wilborn Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
Okatie Elementary School
53 Cherry Point Road
Okatie, SC 29909
Whale Branch Early College High School
69 Detour Road
Beaufort, SC 29941
- The American Red Cross will open these shelters during a tropical storm ONLY. If a storm is projected to make landfall at a Category 1 or above, no shelters will open in Beaufort County. There will be alternate shelters in other counties, such as Hampton or Jasper. These will be advertised at the time, based on the severity of the storm.
- Law enforcement security will be provided at each shelter.
- Those using the shelters should know to bring their own food, clothing, bedding, medications, water, hygiene items, toys for kids, reading materials, games, etc. We suggest bringing at least five days-worth of items/food.
- Again, pets are not allowed in shelters, unless they are a designated service animal.
Farmers Markets of the Lowcountry
- Savor the flavors of the Lowcountry with a visit to any of the area’s farmers markets. From fresh local produce, meats and seafood to prepared meals, unique vendors and live entertainment, you’re sure to find something to suit every taste.
- The Downtown Beaufort Farmer's Market
Wednesdays, 2-6 p.m. Fresh local produce, plants, artisans, home baked and canned foods, crafts and more. Freedom Mall, in front of the Downtown Marina, 1006 Bay St. (843) 525-6644. downtownbeaufort.com
- Port Royal Farmer's Market
Saturdays, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. South Carolina produce, seafood, plants, prepared foods, honey, cheese and live music. Naval Heritage Park, Ribaut Rd. portroyalfarmersmarket.com
- Jasper County Farmers Market
The Market is open on Fridays from 1-6 p.m., during season at Main St., across from Long’s Pharmacy. Call for dates and time. Local and SC Certified fruits and vegetables with a small flea market. EBT is honored. 9935 Jacob Smart Blvd. S. (Hwy. 17), Ridgeland. (843) 726-8126 or jaspercountychamber.com