Do you want to switch things up this holiday season? If so, maybe you should consider spending your holiday on Hilton Head Island.
Hilton Head Island offers a vast array of activities for the entire family. You can take a walking tour or even play a round of golf. For all of you shopping fanatics, you can shorten your holiday list by shopping at the specialty shops on the Island. If athletics are more of your thing, the 22nd Annual Piggly Wiggly Turkey Trot may be right up your alley! This yearly event benefits the Island Recreation Association’s Scholarship Fund. So in addition to working up a sweat, you will burn calories for a good cause! Depending on your fitness level and desire, you can participate in the 5K, 10K, or the Fun Walk. The event will take place on November 25th at Squire Pope Road. That’s not all, folks! There are other events that you can attend including:
Ashton Pointe residents, plan your trip to Hilton Head Island today!
Photo Credit: Lee Coursey
This fantastic music group has sold over 28 million albums nationwide. They have outsold famous artists including Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, and even Bruce Springsteen. The musical styling of Mannheim Steamroller is credited with establishing the genre of New Age Music. This is not a local group! In fact, this group has traveled all over the globe to perform at concerts. Mannheim Steamroller is so popular, the creator of the group, Chip Davis, had to create two traveling troupes to meet the demand!
The show will take place at Johnny Mercer Theatre. For more information about the show, click here.
Hello Ashton Pointe! Are your traveling out of town for the Thanksgiving Holidays. Air travel is expected to be up 11% this holiday season. Don’t skip out on the airport yet. Yes, the lines are long at the ticket counter, security checkpoint, and the bathrooms once you have landed, but if you plan properly you can decrease your wait time or avoid the lines altogether. If you want to learn how to decrease your time in line read on.
1. Check in online – Nowadays most airlines allow you to check -in online. This way your able to skip the line at the ticket counter. If you have no bags to check you will be to go directly to the security check point. Congratulations you have just skipped your first line! If you have to check your bags do not worry you can do that online at the same time you check your ticket. You will have to stand in line to drop your bag off, but that line is typically shorter than other lines and moves pretty fast.
2. Once you get to the security checkpoint make sure you already have your liquids in the proper containers otherwise that holds up the process and you may even get your favorite lotion trashed. Do not wait until it is your turn to take your shoes off, etc. get prepared while you are waiting.
3. The first thing everyone does when they get off the plane is go to the bathroom. Naturally, that will cause the closest bathroom to have a line especially the women’s bathroom. Walk down the terminal towards baggage claim and you are sure to pass an empty stall.
Well, I hope this helps you to avoid line at the airport. For more tips please visit our community blog again.
Hello Ashton Pointe! Are you looking for ways to make your apartment more warm and inviting for the Thanksgiving Holiday. There are small things you can do to change the look of your apartment to fit this festivity. The key is having a couple of big statement pieces in your apartment that draw the attention of your guests and completely changes the look. A couple of ideas are:
1. Hang a fall wreath on your front door. Before your guests even enter your apartment they will feel welcomed and ready to celebrate this fall holiday.
2. Have a formal or informal Thanksgiving table setting complete with a centerpiece, mini pumpkins, pine cones, bright colored leaves, and more. These little touches will definitely put a smile on your guests faces.
3. And of course you should be cooking something. What better way to make your guests get in the Thanksgiving Spirit then with the aromas of fresh delicious food.
Peter Highman is expecting his first child. Out of town on business Peter attempts to rush back home in time for the birth of his child. Airport delays and a chance encounter with aspiring actor Ethan Tremblay make accomplishing this goal difficult in the Warner Bros. movie, Due Date.
Every year Higher Ground hold
a benefit for the Friends of Hunting Island. This Saturday, November
6th Higher Ground wants you to participate in their annual benefit. From
8:00 am to 3:00 pm compete in kayaking and canoe races for awards and
bragging rights. Below is the schedule.
(Rain or Shine)
8:00 am Registration
9:30 am Racers’ Meeting
10:00 am Start
12:00 pm Awards Ceremony & Cookout …