As you know, this coming Friday is Friday the 13th. Besides being the scariest day as a result of pop movies which began in the 80’s, Friday the 13th is also known as the most unlucky day of the year. But this reputation of being unlucky only started in the 19th century. Folklorists believe that the unlucky reputation of this day began because 13 is known as an unlucky number and Friday is known as an unlucky day. This unlucky day typically occurs 2-3 times per year during months that begin on Sundays.
Are you wondering how to avoid bad luck in your apartment in Beaufort this Friday? Here are some tips from folklorists to keep luck on your side all day on Friday the 13th.
1. Feng Shui is the Chinese practice of creating harmony in your life. Start this day off right. Get out of bed on the left side.
2. Red is the luckiest color of them all. Wearing a red piece of clothing or lipstick stops evil spirits.
3. Disguise yourself and hide from death! It is suggested that you do this by wearing your clothes inside out. This way death or evil spirits will have a hard time finding you.
4. Drink a cup of coffee. This one is easy for coffee drinkers. Drink your daily dose of coffee, but don’t stir it with a fork. While you are at it, scoop up some bubbles in your coffee and drink them, too.
5. Unlock the doors to health, wealth, and love by carrying only three keys on your key chain.