Family Time Abounds
There are several advantages to living in an apartment with school age kids. The biggest one was the fact that without the upkeep of a house, there is so much more extra time to spend quality and quantity time with the kids. Also, because there is no space to stash a lot of items, so you spend less money. If you don’t pay for a storage space, you must always consider where an item would fit before a purchase. Finally, the complex can have several amenities, including a pool, a playground, and an exercise facility. Therefore, there is easy access to free entertainment, which is something that every parent of a young child appreciates.
More Resources for Children
Cities often have wonderful resources for children that are not so easy to find in a small town. Search out the city's library. It will most likely have wonderful programs for children, such as "story times." This also gives the parent a chance to meet other parents who have young children and to make new friends.
A Quick Call to Maintenance
With young kids you can really appreciated the security of living in an apartment complex. If there was a plumbing problem or a broken appliance, a phone call took care of everything. You develop relationships with the management and maintenance staff, as well as our neighbors.
The Benefits of Cultural Diversity
There are a lot of advantages to city apartment dwelling.
- No lawn care or housing repair costs
- Extensive public transportation with no real need for a vehicle
- Cheap and free cultural activities abound.
- Cities tend to attract colleges, which mean free or cheap college events, babysitters, and adult evening classes.
- In a city situation, you have neighborhoods. Visiting them is a great way to experience new foods and cultures without going far.
- Ethnic neighborhoods sprout ethnic groceries as well, which tend to be cheaper on certain items.