Mother’s Day is this weekend and if you live in an apartment in Beaufort, SC, and you are wondering what to do for the mother in your life, here are a few ideas. Luckily Beaufort and the surrounding area offers a variety of wonderful options to celebrate Mom this Mother’s Day weekend.
Here are a few suggestions to help with your decision process for activities this weekend:
- CHOCOLATE! Give her the gift of chocolate from The Chocolate Tree.
- PACK A PICNIC! Pack a picnic basket full of wonderful prepared foods & goodies from Lowcountry Produce, then take Mom to your favorite picnic spot for a special Mother’s Day picnic! A picnic at Hunitington State Beach offers a pristine sandy beach, natural setting, the warm Atlantic Ocean… a perfect Mother’s Day getaway.
- BUY MOM SOME LOCAL ART Visit some of Beaufort’s fabulous Art Galleries! Greenfish Gallery, ArtLofts, Bay St. Gallery, Beaufort Art Association, Charles St. Gallery, The Gallery, Indigo Gallery, I. Pinckney Simon’s Gallery, Ly Benson’s Gallery & Studio, Rhett Gallery.
- CHAMPAGNE & BLOODY MARY BRUNCH - Mother’s Day Brunch at The Southern Graces Bistro in The Beaufort Inn. The food is amazing and a truly indulgent experience!
- SPA TREATMENTS - Spoil her with a Spa treatment from Studio Fitness & Nutrition. They are offering Mother’s Day specials.
- TAKE HER SHOPPING! Go Shopping on Bay Street! Bay Street offers world class shopping for everyone in the family. Support local business.
- TREAT HER TO LUNCH - Have lunch at one of Beaufort’s favorite local restaurants: Blackstone’s, Luther’s Rare & Well Done, Nippy’s,Panini’s on the Waterfront, Plum’s, Wren, Yes Thai Indeed!
- GO GOLFING! Beaufort county boasts over 75 golf courses! Here are some of our favorite public courses: The Sanctuary on Cat Island, The Legends on Parris Island, Lady’s Island Country Club
- BUY HER SOME LOCAL PRODUCE & GOODIES - Visit the Farmer’s Market! Several local farmer’s markets are open this weekend including: Habersham, Port Royal, Pick-Pocket Plantation, Hardeeville & Jasper County
- PICK SOME BERRIES! Pick Strawberries at Dempsey Farms. It’s strawberry pickin’ time at Dempsey Farms. Take the whole family out to Dempsey Farms and pick your own strawberries on Friday from 10 am – 6 pm or Saturday from 10 am – 4 pm.
- GET CREATIVE! Sign Mom up for Art Classes at ArtWorks! It’s a great way to let her creativity shine! Call (843) 379-2787 for more information.
- YOGA!!! Sign Mom up for a Yoga Class or the Mommy & Me class at Dancing Dogs Yoga Studio! Call (843) 263-5864 for more information.
- COOL OFF WITH ICE CREAM - It’s going to be warm this weekend so we think you should take her out for Ice Cream at Kooky Mooky’s, Southern Sweets, Brusters, Marketplace News or Beaufort’s award-winning Berry Island Cafe. A real treat!
- KAYAKING - Take Mom on a fabulous Kayak Tour. Explore natures finest by Kayak! Our friends at Beaufort Kayak Tours offer several tours and all the gear you need! Call (843) 525-0810 for more information.
- COOK UP SOME LOCAL SEAFOOD - What better for lunch or dinner that some good local seafood!??! Fresh seafood available from Sea Eagle Market.
- TAKE A TOUR OF BEAUFORT - Whether you live here or are just visiting, learn more about Beaufort’s history from the experts.
- CUPCAKES!!! - Grab a Cupcake…. or a Dozen! Go see the folks at Crave Cupcake Boutique. They’ll satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth with awesome cupcakes!!!
- TAKE HER TO THE DRIVE-IN! Take in a double-feature at the Highway 21 Drive-in Movie Theater! Harken memories of yester-year and take in a couple of movies from the comfort of your family wagon at the Highway Drive-In!
More information and ideas at eatsleepplaybeaufort.com