- If you catch on fire stop, drop, and roll.
- Always sleep with your bedroom door closed. If a fire starts in the middle of the night it will take longer for the gas and fume and fire to enter your room if the door is closed. In addition, this will give you some extra time to escape.
- If you are trying to get out of a burning apartment crawl on the floor staying as low to the ground as possible to avoid inhaling the dangerous fumes and gases.
- If you are caught in an apartment fire put your hands on your door to feel for heat before opening your door.
- Every second matters when you are caught in fire do not waste time getting dressed just get out. We understand why your hair is not done.
Click here for more fire safety tips.